Traps are a absolute nightmare when it comes to blockages. Traps were fitted 50 odd years ago. Initially it was suspected that bad smell coming from the blocked drain was causing cholera disease, you know that disease, the one where you have an acute, diarrheal illness caused by infection of the intestine with the toxigenic bacterium Vibrio cholerae and an estimated 2.9 million cases and 95,000 deaths occur each year around the world, which is often mild and without symptoms, but can sometimes be severe, yeah that one, well it wasn’t the bad smell it was actually the drinking bad water, bottle water for me from now on. Back to the traps, we now remove traps as a good practice this allows your drains to run freely and prevent any blockages, which will create bad smells but not cholera, in the future, within reason, but that’s another story. Stay safe give us a call if you have any blocked drains.